Monday, September 8, 2008

Wedding Chicken Salad

Yum!

I made the chicken salad recipe from last week's family newsletter. Mom & Dad tasted it at a wedding reception and got the recipe from the chef after they liked it so well. I can see why!

Here's the recipe again. 

4 chicken breast
1 can water chestnuts, chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
2 green onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic, roasted
1/8 cup honey mustard
1 cup mayo
1 cup red grapes, quartered
1/8 tsp thyme
1 red pepper, chopped

Grill chicken--season with salt and pepper. Cool and chop.

Mix mayo, mustard, thyme, garlic, green onion, celery, water chestnuts, and red pepper thoroughly.

Add chicken and grapes---mixing carefully.

Serve on croissants.

My notes: I didn't grill the chicken because I already had cooked chicken in the fridge. I also didn't roast the garlic because I didn't plan ahead. Next time I'll try to do this! Instead I used a bit of garlic powder. I halved the recipe and it was enough filling for 8 of the small croissants. I chopped everything pretty small. Don't skip the honey mustard and definitely splurge on the red pepper! 

Thanks chef Derek Bagley of Kennewick, WA!!


No comments: